Yup, we are doing it. The #tinycondo has run it’s course and we are moving up to NW Indiana …
Mark is in a really bad way at this time and we have already had to delay our drive by a week to give him a chance to recover from his last hospital stay (1/4 to 1/8) … he has not eaten much in the past month … I would say his last substantial food intake was the day of the Ranch Margarita taco bar … he has been getting a hydration/iron/nutrient/electrolyte infusion but that still does not help
This past week, they put a stent in his esophagus. That helps with the swallowing but NOT with the stomach tumor that I swear, it sounds like pop rocks in there some days as its ulcerated and just bubbling away 🙁
So now, the POD shows up on Thursday (21st) and we plan to have it picked up and we will hit the road on Tuesday (26th). I will do the driving as he is not in any position to drive right now. The cats will chill in the back seat with the crates opened so they won’t feel trapped (we did that on the way back here last time and it was like night and day with them). I may have to stop every 2 to 3 hours to stretch and get him situated but if that’s what we have to do, so be it. Alternatively, I said IF he is still in a bad way, I can always put him on a plane and make arrangements for someone to pick him up and take him to the house … I have no qualms with driving by myself UNLESS there is snow! Been a while since driving in snow.
The end goal for Indiana? Getting to University of Chicago the 2nd week of February to meet with our new fight team. We can’t do the travel to MD Anderson due to the deteriorated health and well, the doctor that we signed up with focuses 100% on esophageal cancer which is what we need since there isn’t a whole lot of options out there for this.
And that, my friends, is the latest and greatest from The Mark and Jan Show!